Due to the fine nature of satin, it must be treated with great care and attention to avoid damage when washing. In order to have your satin look as exquisite as when you first bought it, we recommend that you hand wash only.
- Turn your garment inside out before washing.
- Fill the sink with cool water and add a delicate fabric detergent.
- Immerse your satin garment into the water and leave to soak for 20 minutes.
- To rinse, use cool water to run through your garment until the water runs clear and it is no longer soapy.
- Do not leave rolled-up wet after hand washing.
- Do not machine wash your satin.
- Once rinsed, remove excess water by placing the satin between a dry-towel and gently press the water out.
- Do not wring the satin fabric.
- Keep you satins away from direct sunlight to keep the shine and lay flat or hang to air dry, using a padded hanger.
- Do not tumble-dry.
Once dry, iron your Raine Designs garment to remove obvious creases.
- Use your iron's delicate or lowest heat setting.
- Iron on the inside of your garment.
- If you need to iron directly on the front, place a cotton cloth over the area to protect the satin.
Satin should be stored in a cool, dry place in a breathable fabric hanging bag. Be mindful of clips as they can potentially mark the delicate fabric.
Avoid contact with rough surfaces when storing and be mindful of jewellery pieces to prevent pulls to the fabric.