Due to the fine nature of lace, it must be treated with great care and attention to avoid damage when washing. Maintaining your lingerie’s quality is worth the time, so we recommend a delicate hand-wash only, when required. This will ensure that the lace will last longer, without the material degrading or compromising support.
- Fill your sink with lukewarm water and add a gentle lingerie detergent.
- Submerge your garment and gently swoosh the lace in the water.
- Let your garment soak for 20 minutes.
- Empty the sink ad rinse under running water.
- Refill the sink with clean water, then soak the lace for an additional 5 minutes.
- Do not machine wash.
- Once you have hand-washed your lingerie, gently pat the lace dry with a towel.
- Do not wring the lace to remove excess water.
- It is important to air dry, so gently drape evenly on a padded hanger or lay flat to dry.
- Do not tumble-dry your lace.
- If ironing is necessary, use the lowest heat setting to avoid burning or breakage.
- Place a cotton cloth over the lace to protect and press.
- Alternately, steam to remove wrinkles and smooth the lace.
Avoid contact with rough surfaces when storing and be mindful of jewellery pieces to prevent pulls to the fabric.s as they can potentially mark the fabric.
Avoid contact with rough surfaces when storing and be mindful of jewellery pieces to prevent pulls to the fabric.