Due to the delicate nature of chiffon, it must be treated with great care and attention. We recommend hand washing only. This will preserve the life of the garment.
- Turn your garment inside out before washing.
- Fill the sink with cool water and add a delicate fabric detergent.
- Immerse your chiffon garment into cool water and leave to soak for 20minutes.
- To rinse, use cool water to run through your garment until the water runs clear and it is no longer soapy.
- Do not leave rolled-up wet after hand washing.
- Do not machine wash your chiffon.
Once you have hand-washed your chiffon garment, it is important to let it air dry.
- Gently lay the chiffon flat or on a padded hanger to dry.
- Do not tumble-dry your chiffon.
The most delicate items will be wrinkled after laundering. If needed, we recommend steaming for the best and safest finish. Alternately, use the iron by hovering over the item using the steam setting.
- Use your iron's delicate or lowest heat setting.
- Iron on the inside of your garment.
- If you need to iron directly on the outside, place a cotton cloth over the area to protect the chiffon.
Chiffon should be stored in a cool, dry place in a breathable fabric hanging bag. Be mindful of clips as they can potentially mark the delicate fabric.
Avoid contact with rough surfaces when storing and be mindful of jewellery pieces to prevent pulls to the fabric.